How to arrive in Pau
Pau-Pyrénées airport proposes daily connections with
Paris-Roissy "Charles de Gaulle", Paris-Orly, Lyon. Also, it offers regular flights to London, Dublin,
- More neighboring airports: Toulouse, Bordeaux, Lourdes-Tarbes, Biarritz-Bayonne.
- You can arrive by train (S.N.C.F.) to Pau from Bordeaux -
Paris, Toulouse - Vintimille and Genoa, Bayonne - Hendaye and Spain via the link to Oloron-Sainte-Marie.
- By car, you can take the exit 10 "Pau centre" of Autoroute A64.
How to reach the math department
- The campus is 20 minutes walk away from Pau's city center,
from place des sept cantons take rue Carnot then cours Lyautey.
At the end on Cours Lyautey you will see a roundabout and the trees of
the southern acces to the campus.
- From the airport. You may take a taxi (standard fare
should be 20-25 euro). Otherwise, take the bus shuttle to the city
center, then follow the directions below.
the city center. Take bus number 2 at Pole Bosquet, direction "Centre
Hospitalier" and get off at Université. Cross the main road, and you
will see the campus in front of you. The math department stands on your left, accross the parking lot. It is the
first building you will find by following the cycle path in the direction of the town's center. For bus'
timetable please visit Pau's bus web page.
- From the exit "Pau centre" of Autoroute 64, go straight at
the first roundabout (direction "centre") then turn right at the second
roundabout. Take the first turn on your left (the northern acces to the
campus). You may then locate the math department on the campus plan.
- You may rent a bicycle in the city center or at the southern acces to the campus. Check Pau's public transport page.
- Here is a campus map.
- If you have been invited to the workshop, organizers will provide
you with accomodation in the city center. If you need help to find
lodging, please contact us.
- If you want to arrange accomodation by yourself, you may contact Pau's tourist office.